This Felt map with removable labels is a great way for kids to learn countries and continents. The labels stick to the felt map so you child can practice labeling each continent. You can get as detailed as you want with the map and labels. Use our printable template to easily cut out the continents.
Supplies needed to make a Felt Map:
- Blue Felt- if you can get to a fabric store, then you'll need about a 29 inch by 17 inch rectangle of Felt. If not, most craft stores sell 12 inch by 9 inch rectangles of precut felt. You can get 6 of these and glue them to a Poster Board to make one large rectangle.
- 4 Green 12 inch by 9 inch rectangles of precut Felt
- 1 White Felt rectangle
- Tacky Glue
- Sharp Scissors
- Permanent Marker
- Continent Templates
- Foam Board for mounting the Map (optional)
Directions to make a Felt Map:
- Print our Continent Templates and cut out all of the continents (you can be as detailed as you want)
- Trace the Continents on the Green Felt and then cut out
- Glue the continents on the Blue Felt
Use this map as a reference of where to glue the continents:
- Use the White Felt and Permanent Maker and write the names of all the continents, then cut them out individually.
- Mount the whole map on Foam Board or hang on a wall