With a little Yarn and Glue you can make limitless ornaments. Try making Easter ornaments for an Easter tree, like this Easter Egg Ornament. This is an easy and fun craft for kids to make. You can do this with a group of kids if you don't mind a little mess and have somewhere they can wash their hands.
Supplies to make a Yarn Glue Easter Egg Ornament:
- Disposable Cup
- Wax Paper
- Any Picture or Coloring Page as a guide
- Ribbon or anything for decorating
Directions to make a Yarn Glue Easter Egg Ornament:
- Pour some Glue in the Disposable Cup and add a little water to thin it out just a little
- Take your Picture or Coloring Page and cover it with Wax Paper, however for an Egg you don't really need a picture for a guide
- Cut off a long piece of yarn and soak thoroughly in the thinned out glue
- Take the yarn out of the glue, letting excess glue drip off,
- First start by outlining your picture with the yarn (on the Wax Paper)
- After you outline the picture, fill it in with more glue-soaked yarn, making sure to overlap the yarn a lot to make your ornament stronger.
- Let the yarn dry completely overnight, then peel it from the Wax Paper
- You can use ribbon or anything else to further decorate your ornament and add a loop for hanging