Here's a Flower Brooch made of chiffon fabric. This is a super easy craft for kids to make. It'd make a great homemade Mother's Day Gift! Kids can try making it with any kind of fabric and see what they'll get. While kids are making a brooch for mom they can also make a hair bow for themselves! ~wink~
Supplies need to make a Flower Fabric Brooch:
- Scrap fabric, we used chiffon fabric
- Low-temp glue gun
- Jewel, Pom Pom, or Bead
- Brooch Bar Pin Back (you can find these at any craft store)
- Scissors that can cut fabric
Directions to make a Flower Fabric Brooch:
- Cut about 6 circles out of your fabric, it doesn't need to be perfect. Cut them all roughly the same size or getting progressively smaller.
- Stack all your circles together and roll them up, hold this way for a minute. This should give your fabric some body.
- Separate your circles and start gluing one on top of the other, rotating the circles so that all the rolled edged aren't lying the same direction.
- Glue your Jewel, Pom Pom, or Bead to the middle of your flower
- Glue the Brooch Pin Back to the back of your Brooch. Be careful not to press the glue through to the front of the brooch.