This is a great sit-on-the-couch and make type of craft/activity for kids. This yarn octopus has eight braided arms. You can also make a boy or girl yarn doll using the same technique. With all the different types of yarn out there you can really make something unique.
Supplies Needed to Make a Yarn Doll:
- Thick Yarn
Directions to make a Yarn Doll:
- To make the head, roll the yarn around 2 fingers to start a yarn ball for the desired size of head
- To make the body, wind the yarn around a book about 45 times
- Tie it off at the top and cut the opposite end
- Drape the body (what you just made from using the book) over the head, separate to lay smooth over the head. Then tie off at the neck
- To make the arms, separate the lose yarn into eight sections and braid, tie off at the ends.